Sunday, August 1, 2010

This Little Light of Mine

I was listening to Charles Stanley this morning and as always, his message hit home. He was talking about the verses in Matthew that talk about the church being salt and light in our communities. About how when salt was "harvested" and there was too much dirt or trash in it, it was useless and they threw it out and it was trampled. Christians are supposed to "flavor" their communities, not BE "flavored". In other words, we are supposed to influence others for Christ, not become like the unbelievers.

He said that the same Jesus that lives in him, lives in all of us. The only difference being how much of Jesus we let "shine" through our lives. WOW! I want to shine for Jesus and I want my kids to be lights too. I told the kids about Charles Stanley's message this morning. On the way to church (after they had already gotten in trouble for being unkind to each other) I told them that from now on when I saw them being unkind or being disobedient I was going to start singing the "This Little Light of Mine" song to them to remind them of this message. [I'm sure I'll be hearing it myself, from them when I mess up. :) ]

No comments: