Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today Isaac came in the back door and said, "Mom, I've cut myself." Since he didn't sound too excited, I thought he had scratched himself. When I saw the cut in his jeans and the blood running down his leg, I knew it had to be a little bit more than a scratch. I got a handful of wet paper towels and blotted at the blood trying to get a better look at the wound, although I REALLY didn't want to.

What I saw just about made me faint. But, I was proud of myself, (my usual reaction to emergencies is to run around like a crazy person and scream,) I didn't scream once. I very calmly got some gauze and an ace bandage and wrapped it up. I called the doctor's office and told them what had happened and headed to Jasper. Thankfully, I called them again before I got out of Live Oak, because they sent me to the Live Oak ER when I told them the he was definitely going to need stitches.

So we got to Live Oak around 4 p.m. and shortly after that Luke came in with the ambulance and peeked into the waiting room and saw us. When he looked at the cut, he confirmed that it needed stitches. James came to the ER after he got off work and stayed with Isaac, while I took Jamie and Caleb home. About 11:30 p.m. Isaac finally got to see the doctor. He got four numbing shots and 7 stitches. They got home around 12 p.m. Needless to say, we were all very tired Wednesday morning, but James went to work with less than five hours of sleep. We went to bed early Wednesday night.

No comments: