Sunday, August 1, 2010

Homeschool Prayer

Father,

Help me, as we start this new year of homeschooling, to not lose sight of my goals. Help me to continually ask myself "What matters in the light of eternity?" Yes, I want my children to read well. Yes, I want them to be good at math, but more importantly, I want them to grow to be godly people. What good is it if they gain the "whole world" and lose their souls.

Please, give them teachable spirits. Give them hearts that desire to be obedient. Grant me wisdom and insight when I am teaching something that is hard for them to grasp. "Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk for I lift up my soul unto Thee." Help me, I pray, to remember to be a "doer of the word and not a hearer only". Remind me constantly that while I am homeschooling, You are my Strength and my Redeemer and "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Teach me how to wait upon You, Lord. How to soar upon the wind of Your Spirit, just like the eagle glides upon the wind. Teach me how to wait, Lord.


No comments: