Friday, October 29, 2010

On a better note



I had "leftover surprise" for supper. I had some pieces of chicken that I had rolled in bread crumbs and baked, some sausage, green beans, carrots, onions, potatoes and mushrooms. I sauteed the onions, sausage, and chicken in a little butter. Then I took that out of the pan and added a little more butter and cooked the mushrooms. I cut up the potatoes, they had already been cooked, so I just browned them a little. Then I put all the ingredients in and added a can of cream of celery soup and simmered it until the carrots were tender and served it over rice.

A great way to get rid of leftovers. We ate all of it except the rice. Very good.

NOTE TO SELF: Even days that start out terrible don't have to end that way. The kids have played together all afternoon with some sponges that Isaac made into "people" with some scotch tape and an inkpen drawing for a face.

1 comment:

The Law Family said...

Love this! See, just let them create on the days they can't seem to "get it" on the academics! :) Love ya'll and hope to see you at Thanksgiving! :)