Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One new thing I've learned ... er..that I have re-learned.

Actually, it is not even something I didn't know. My husband reminds me of it daily, but Isaac really brought it home to me yesterday.

We started working on the "figure 8" exercises yesterday and I informed my darling children that we would be doing this until Christmas, because it takes 3 months to see the results of this exercise. So Isaac, in his endearing way, says, "I bet we don't."

This was NOT something I wanted to hear, much less be guilty of. The only thing I do consistently is be INCONSISTENT. I don't want to teach my children inconsistency, but apparently I already have. I start things and don't finish them and children learn by observing us.

So, what to do. Well, I am going to strive for consistency. But how am I going to do this? Good question, I am asking myself the same thing.

First, I am going to begin by completing this exercise I have started with the kids. I think that will be a good place to start.

Father, you know my heart, you know how I desire to set a good example for my children. Please forgive me where I have failed in this area. Help me to remain on task and to keep the goals I have set for us in focus as we all strive for consistency.

Help me also to remember that I am in a battle for my children. Not only do I have to teach them readin', writin', and 'rithmetic', I need to instill in them a love for You, Lord. I want them to see me living out my faith. I know I am going to mess up, and already have in big way, but please help me, by growing me in my faith, so I can help theirs to grow.

1 comment:

The Law Family said...

I'm tearing up! :) Our pastor encouraged us, yesterday, to write down our sins against God. In doing so today, inconsistency is one that I wrote down. It is SIN! Thanks for encouraging me! :)